ADVANCED SCHOOL AND CONFERENCE ON REPRESENTATION THEORY AND RELATED
International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP, Trieste, Italy),
The school is addressed to graduate students in mathematics and physics
and young researchers interested in learning the fundamental aspects of
the field. The school will consists of 11 courses during the two weeks
from 9 to 22 January. For the Conference, to be held from 23 to 27
January, we expect additionally the participation of 40 experts on the
Topics for the school and conference include: quiver and their
representations, structure of algebras and their module categories,
finite, tame and wild representation types, tilting theory, derived and
triangulated categories, module varieties and associated geometric
invariants, deformation theory of algebraic structures, Hochschild,
simplicial and cyclic cohomologies of algebras, quasi-hereditary
algebras and cellular algebras, Hall algebras and the relation with Lie
The Organizing Committee is formed by: José A. de la Peña
(México), Helmut Lenzing (Paderborn), Bernhard Keller (Paris)
and Andrzej Skowronski (Torun).
The courses of the School will be the following:
1. Quiver algebras and their representations: Michael Barot.
2. Auslander-Reiten theory: Lidia Angeleri-Hügel
3. Gabriel-Roiter measure: Henning Krause.
4. Integral quadratic forms and representation types: José A. de
5. Deformation of algebras and modules: Christof Geiss.
6. Cellular algebras: Changchang Xi.
7. Derived and triangulated categories: Bernhard Keller.
8. Tilting theory and cluster algebras: Idun Reiten.
9. Hereditary categories: Helmut Lenzing.
10. Periodicity in representation theory of algebras: Andrzej
11. Hall algebras: Olivier Schiffmann.
Please let your students and colleagues know about this School and
Conference, and encourage them to attend. Students registered for the
School are expected to attend also the Conference and hence to stay at
ICTP for the 3 weeks. For students of countries considered as Third
World, the ICTP will provide accommodation and most of the meals during
the School and Conference, for other countries ICTP arranges
accommodation and meals at
a cheap cost. We expect that the participants get support for the trip
from their home institutions, however there will be some money from
ICTP for transportation.
IS OPEN AT THE ICTP HOME PAGE.
The application should be sent by mail to:
Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics
Advanced School and Conference on Representation Theory and Related
(smr1735 c/o Ms. Mabilo Koutou)
Strada Costiera 11
I-34014 Trieste, Italy
or by e-mail to: email@example.com
DEADLINE for receipt of applications: 31 August 2005.