Homeomorphisms in symplectic topology and dynamics
ERC HSD (January 2020-December 2024)
Proof of the simplicity conjecture (with Dan Cristofaro-Gardiner and Vincent Humilière). ArXiv:2001.01792. pdf
PFH spectral invariants on the two-sphere and the large scale geometry of Hofer's metric (with Dan Cristofaro-Gardiner and Vincent Humilière). To appear in J. Eur. Math. Soc. (JEMS).pdf
The Anosov-Katok method and pseudo-rotations in symplectic dynamics (with Frédéric Le Roux). To appear in Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications, special issue in honour of Claude Viterbo. pdf
An Arnold-type principle for non-smooth objects (with Lev Buhovsky and Vincent Humilière). To appear in Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications, special issue in honour of Claude Viterbo. pdf
The broad goal of the HSD project is to explore continuous symplectic topology and its interactions with symplectic topology and dynamical systems.
Here is a (somewhat outdated) brief introductory talk on C0 symplectic geometry and two of the most well-known problems in the field.
This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under
the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant
agreement No 851701)
News and upcoming events:
The Research Group:
Publications of the PI:
- Yusuke Kawamoto (external funding, co-supervision with C. Viterbo)
Sep. 2018 - Aug. 2021
Homogeneous quasimorphisms, C0-topology and Lagrangian intersection, arXiv:2006.07844
Subsequent position: postdoc at Montreal 2021-2022, Weyl instructor ETH-Zürich 2022-2025.
- Quantitative Heegaard Floer cohomology and the Calabi invariant (with Dan Cristofaro-Gardiner, Vincent Humilière, Cheuk Yu Mak, and Ivan Smith). ArXiv 2105:11026. pdf
- Informal Smplectic Reading Group, Nov. 2021-
- Smplectix seminar, Jan. 2020-
- IHP Trimester on symplectic and contact geometry, April 19th - July 16th, 2021.
- IHP Conference Advances in symplectic topology, May 17-21, 2021.